ON THE REOPENING OF THE PHILIPPINE CONSULATE AND
THE RESUMPTION OF CONSULAR SERVICES
In keeping with the easing of Covid-19 restrictions recently announced by the government of Victoria, the Philippine Consulate General in Melbourne informs the public that its office at Level 21, 459 Collins Street, Melbourne will reopen, and regular consular services will resume, effective 02 June 2020.
In view of the limited office space and building access restrictions, and for the mutual safety of clients and Consulate staff against possible Covid-19 infection, services will be rendered under the following arrangements:
1. Service hours will be from 10 a.m. to 3 p.m. daily, Monday to Friday, except Philippine and Australian or Victorian state holidays.
2. Service will be strictly by appointment only. Clients may book their appointments by sending an email to firstname.lastname@example.org. Only clients with confirmed appointments will be served and allowed in the premises. No walk-ins will be allowed.
3. A maximum two (2) clients will be allowed at any single time, and no companions will be admitted, except for seniors, minors or persons with disability needing assistance, who will be allowed only one (1) companion each.
4. Each client may remain in the premises for a maximum of 30 minutes only. To keep within this time, all clients are advised to be on time, bring complete requirements, and completely and correctly fill out all required forms ahead of their appointment.
5. All clients will be required to submit an accomplished Health Declaration Form, to be emailed along with the appointment confirmation.
6. For their mutual safety, clients and Consulate staff are required to wear face masks while in the premises.
7. All documents applied for shall be released by mail. For this purpose, all clients are required to bring self-addressed, stamped or prepaid envelopes for their documents.
8. All applications for dual citizenship shall be sent by mail, to allow time for evaluation by the Consulate. Any action or decision shall be communicated by email, including the oath-taking schedule, for those with approved applications.
9. For the list of requirements, clients may inquire by email, at the address above, or phone, at (03) 86303378 or 0426561217.