20 October 2020 – The Philippine Embassy in Canberra is pleased to announce that nominations for the 2020 Bagong Bayani Awards of the Bagong Bayani Foundation, Inc. (BBFI) has resumed. The awards were postponed due to the COVID-19 pandemic. Nominations will be accepted until 31 March 2021.
The Bagong Bayani Awards (BBA) is a national search for the country’s outstanding and exemplary Overseas Filipino Workers (OFWs). The awards seek to recognize and pay tribute to our OFWs for their significant efforts in fostering goodwill among peoples of the world, enhancing and promoting the image of the Filipino as a competent, responsible and dignified worker, and for greatly contributing to the socio-economic development of their communities and our country.
BBA aims at providing proper recognition to deserving nominees, thus setting up examples for others to emulate, and for the country to be proud of. The Conferment of the Awards will be held on 07 June 2021.
The following are General Pre-Qualifying Criteria:
Any active Overseas Filipino Worker (OFW), whether land-based or sea-based and possessing the following qualifications, may be nominated for pre-qualifications:
- Has no past or present criminal or derogatory record
- Must be of good moral standing or has received recognition from past or present employer for exemplary behaviour or outstanding service and
- The employment contract must have been processed by the Philippine Overseas Employment Administration (POEA) and must not have left the country irregularly or as tourist
Categories of Award:
1. Bagong Bayani Award for Outstanding Employee
2. Bagong Bayani Award for Community and Social Service
3. Bagong Bayani Award for Culture and the Arts
4. Capt. Gregorio S. Oca Achievement Award
5. Blas F. Ople Award para sa Natatanging Bagong Bayani
Requirements for Nomination
The following requirements must be submitted with the duly accomplished official nomination form:
- Duly signed official nomination form
- An endorsement letter signed by the Nominee’s employer
- A photocopy of passport and pages of stamped visa (entry and exit)
- Profile of accomplishments; heroic acts
- Photocopy of awards or citations (if available); or publications containing the same
- 4 (2x2) colored photo
- Copy of POEA approved employment contract
Please submit the accomplished nomination form and requirements with supporting documents to:
Bagong Bayani Foundation, Inc.
3/F Blas F. Ople Bldg. POEA Ortigas Avenue cor. EDSA, Mandaluyong City, Philippines
Tel/Fax no.: (63-2) 705-1464
Provide the Philippine Overseas Labor Office copy of duly signed nomination form only
For more information: Please visit the BBFI website at www.bbfi.com.ph to download the nomination form or email at email@example.com.