Republic of the Philippines
Republic of the Philippines
1 Moonah Place, Yarralumla, ACT 2600, Australia

Passport Requirements for Adult - New Applicants

  • Personal Appearance
  • Printed application packet from the confirmation email.
  • Photocopy of Australian Visa (if applicable)
  • Original copy of Philippine Statistics Authority (PSA) issued Birth Certificate on Security Paper and one (1) photocoy
  • Married Females (who want to start using their spouse's last name in their passport) must also submit the Original copy of PSA-issued Marriage Certificate on Security Paper and one (1) photocopy or copy of Report of Marriage (1) photocopy
  • Any of the following Valid IDs with one (1) Photocopy (click here for the List of Acceptable IDs for Passport Processing).
  • Self-addressed prepaid REGISTERED POST or PLATINUM EXPRESS POST return envelope.

Additional requirements may be required. Please refer to the section below:


1. In case of Late Registered Birth Certificate,

  • If Birth Certificate was registered at least ten (10) years ago, application will be treated as a regular application, and no additional supporting documents will be required
  • If Birth Certificate was registered less than ten (10) years ago, applicant must submit IDs that pre-date the late registration
  • If applicant has no ID's that pre-date the late registered Birth certificate, applicant must produce current IDs and National Bureau of Investigation (NBI) Clearance

2. In case applicant has NO Birth Certificate or Report of Birth,

  • If applicant is born AFTER 1950 - applicant must first file for late registration with Local Civil Registrar (LCR) or Consular Office with jurisdiction over the place where applicant was born. Applicant will then submit the original copy of the late registered PSA Birth Certificate with the requisite supporting documents and IDs that pre-date the late registration
  • If applicant is born ON OR BEFORE 1950 - applicant must submit original copies of PSA Certificate of No Birth Record and Affidavit of Two Disinterested Persons attesting to the identity of the applicant.

3. If an Applicant's marriage has been dissolved and wants to revert to her maiden surname,

  • Applicant must submit original copy of the annotated PSA Marriage Certificate (MC) stating that the marriage has been dissolved.

4. If applicant has lacking data in Birth Certificate or Report of Birth,

  • Applicant must submit proof of filing of supplemental report or correction from the Local Civil Registrar (LCR)

5. If applicant has discrepancy in data in Birth Certificate / Report of Birth and other documents,

  • If the discrepant data is in the BC, the applicant must submit the original PSA annotated birth certificate reflecting the corrected entry. If the discrepant data is in the other documents, the BC will be followed.

6. If applicant is a Dual Citizen,

  • Original of current Philippine Passport and photocopy of its data page (in case the Philippine Passport was lost, the applicant should execute an Affidavit of Lost
  • Original Identification Certificate, Order and Oath of Allegiance issued by the Philippine Embassy Canberra or the Bureau of Immigration (BI) and a photocopy
  • Photocopy of Australian Passport/Foreign Passport
  • Photocopy of Australian Citizenship Certification

7. If applicant is a Naturalized Filipino Citizen,

  • Identification Certificate of Naturalization from BI

8. If applicant obtained Filipino citizenship by Election,

  • Affidavit of Election of Philippine Citizenship
  • Identification Certificate of Election from BI

9. If applicant has been granted citizenship by Act of Legislation,

  • Certified true copy of the law granting citizenship
  • Original Apostillized Foreign Birth Certificate

Related links:
Adult Renewal
Adult Lost Passport
Minor New
Minor Renewal
Minor Lost Passport