Requirements for Report of Marriage

1.   Duly-accomplished Report of Marriage application form.

2.   Certified true copies of the following documents:

  • Marriage record/ marriage certificate issued by the Civil Registrar or Registry of Births, Deaths and Marriages of the state/ territory where the marriage took place.
  • Birth record/ birth certificate of the Filipino spouse.
  • Copy of wife's passport data page.
  • Copy of husband's passport data page or other form of identification, i.e., driver's license

3.   For ANNULLED FILIPINO SPOUSE, kindly submit certified true copies of Marriage Contract issued by the National Statistics Office (NSO) with proper annotation and/or Court Order effecting the annulment.

4.   For DIVORCED FILIPINO SPOUSE who has no marriage record in the NSO, submit a certified true copy of Divorce Decree/Certificate.

5.   For DIVORCED FILIPINO SPOUSE who has a marriage record in the NSO, submit certified true copies of Philippine Court recognition of foreign divorce decree and/or NSO Marriage Contract with the annotation of the Divorce Decree.

6.   For widows/ widowers, death certificate of the deceased spouse. (If spouse died in the Philippines, the certified true copy of the NSO- authenticated copy must be submitted.).

7.   Processing fee of AUD45 (in the form of a postal money order or bank cheque made payable to the Philippine Embassy. If paying by credit card, please provide the credit card name, number and its expiry date).

8.   A self-addressed, pre-paid express return envelope.

9.   Please provide your contact details and email address in case the Embassy needs to communicate with you regarding your application.

If reporting 1 year after the marriage date, an Affidavit or a Statutory Declaration for the Delayed Registration of Marriage must be submitted in addition to the above-mentioned requirements.

The Affidavit/Statutory Declaration must contain the following details:

  1. Name of contracting parties
  2. Dates and places of birth of contracting parties
  3. Date and Place of Marriage
  4. Reason for not registering within 1 year after the marriage.

(Note: All documents are to be submitted in quadruplicate.Other documents such as proof of Philippine citizenship might be required when deemed necessary.)


Bids and Awards