Report of Marriage (ROM)
If you are from New South Wales, please click here https://www.sydneypcg.org/reports-of-birth-and-marriage or contact the following:
- Email: firstname.lastname@example.org
- SMS mobile number 0415 426 400 for consular concerns
- Telephone number (61 2) 9262- 7377
If you are from Victoria, please contact the following:
- Emails: melbourne.pcg.@dfa.gov.ph and
- Telephone number (03) 8375 9646
If you are from other states in Australia, or from Nauru, Tuvalu or Vanuatu, please see below information:
The Family Code of the Philippines (Sec. 664) provides that “records of marriages whether performed by the Philippine Consular Officer or by the local religious or civil authorities shall be kept and transmitted to the Philippine Civil Registrar through the Department of Foreign Affairs.
Original Marriage certificate with registry number issued by the Civil Registrar or Registry of Births, Deaths and Marriages of the state/ territory where the marriage took place plus three photocopies. (Note: Original will be returned together with the official copy of your Report of Marriage.)
For Filipino spouse/s: Original birth certificate issued by the Philippine Statistics Authority (PSA) plus three photocopies. (Note: Original will be returned together with the official copy of your Report of Marriage.)
Four (4) certified true copies of the data page of valid passports of both parties or other form of identification, i.e., driver's license if valid passport copy is not available.
- Duly accomplished and signed Report of Marriage form.
ADDITIONAL REQUIREMENTS, IF APPLICABLE:
For late registration
- If reporting 1 year after the marriage date, an Affidavit for the Delayed Registration of Marriage is required.
(Click here to download the form);
- If reporting 5 years after the date of marriage, a recently-issued original PSA certificate of no report of marriage record is required.
For the Filipino spouse with previous marriage/s in the Philippines
- For Filipino spouse with annulled marriage in the Philippines: Original Marriage Contract issued by the Philippine Statistics Authority (PSA) with proper annotation plus 3 photocopies. (Note: Original will be returned together with the official copy of your Report of Marriage.);
- For Filipino spouse whose divorce abroad has been recognized in PH, original PSA Marriage Contract with proper annotation and/or Philippine Court recognition of a foreign divorce decree plus 3 photocopies. (Note: Original will be returned together with the official copy of your Report of Marriage.);
- For widowed Filipino spouse: Original PSA Death Certificate of the deceased spouse, original PSA issued marriage certificate, plus 3 photocopies of both documents. (Note: Original will be returned together with the official copy of your Report of Marriage.)
For the foreign spouse with previous marriage/s
- For divorced foreign spouse: 4 certified true copies of divorce order/certificate of divorce (if former spouse of the foreigner is a Filipino, original apostillized Judicial Decree of Annulment with Certificate of Finality, plus 3 photocopies, Note: Original will be returned together with the official copy of your Report of Marriage.);
- For widowed foreign spouse: 4 certified true copies of Death Certificate of previous spouse (if deceased spouse is a Filipino, original PSA Death Certificate plus 3 photocopies);
For marriages where both parties are Filipinos: Original PSA Certificate of No Marriage Record (CENOMAR) of both the groom and bride plus 3 photocopies of each.
Please note that in addition to the above-mentioned requirements, other documents might be required when deemed necessary by the Consular Officer of the Embassy.
Filing can be done through either of the following:
- IN PERSON (please call the Registry Section at (02) 6273 2535 extension 223 to set-up appointment)
- BY MAIL
Send all the requirements and applicable additional documents along with the following:
- AUD 45 payment for the Report of Marriage payable by a postal money order or bank cheque to the Philippine Embassy. If paying by credit card please provide the credit card name, number, expiry date and cvv number at the back of the card).
- AUD 45 payment for Affidavit of Delayed Registration of Marriage, if applicable.
- Pre-paid express return envelope (large size) with return address.
- Please provide your cell phone number & email address to allow the Embassy to communicate with you regarding your application.
The Embassy assumes no responsibility for any loss or damage through the mail or courier service.
Related Consular Service links:
Frequently Asked Questions - FAQs
Online Appointment System
Notarials / Legalization
Assistance to Nationals
Report of Birth
Marriage Between Filipino Citizens in Australia
Petition for Correction of Clerical Error in ROB, ROM, ROD
Schedule of Fees